Monday 4 August 2014

August 4: I'm thinking of solar ...


I’m thinking of solar, ‘cause I am fully over
The outrageous prices I’m paying
Up above get some glass, and save on some brass
On their plan I will not be staying

Sell some power to the grid, the huge bill we will rid
From the quarterly horror we get
I have really no clue how they charge what they do
And they’ve given no good reasons as yet

I got rid of the phones, there was four round this home
Tucked away in rooms here and there
Our mobiles will do, to ring out and in too
And if you don’t call, we don’t care

Our vege patch we are sowing, and the greens they are growing
Enough for a fantastic feed
Some tomatoes and beets, for salads and sweets
It gives us near all that we need

From the roof it just flows, into tanks down below
Two hundred thousand litres of water
So when the ground it is hard, I water the yard
Using much more than I oughta

It’s good for my head, baking our bread
We can make whatever we want
Hot rolls and soup, in winter’s a scoop
Even the occasional croissant

Just where will it end, the objection to spend
I will not pay money for nothing
I will not pay by the hour, for gas, water and power
Try me, you’ll see I’m not bluffing

No comments:

Post a Comment