Sunday 4 May 2014

May 4: May the fourth be with you ...

It’s Star Wars day, May the fourth, it comes round every year
Since George Lucas made it, and they started selling gear
In two thousand and eleven, they started up a club
And a cinema in Toronto, became the central hub

“May the fourth be with you”, was a clever play on words
The fans they celebrated, and they formed up into herds
Hans Solo, Princess Leila, Darth Vader and young Luke
Obii-Wan Kenobe is a favourite with their group

They all dress up to celebrate, to talk about the show
Is there one more episode, is there something we don’t know
May the fifth and twenty fifth are also celebrated
As days when this celebrated film was initially created

It really isn’t what I’m into, sci-fi and all that
I wouldn't wear a stupid gown, or a stupid hat
Oh, wait, I wear a wig and gown, almost every day
I guess I will watch Star Wars, just who will it be I play

No comments:

Post a Comment