Friday 7 March 2014

March 7: Yes, I'm annoyed ...


I don’t usually air complaints with a rhyme, but I feel that I must, at least this time
I’m so very tempted to rip a off note, to the powers that be, with a very choice quote
About being consistent with the rules they apply, to people who pass through their country to fly
We passed through this place just a few days ago, the rules they have altered, I’m angry you know

I took out my laptop, like I do every time, but I worry you know about losing my rhymes
And I emptied my pockets of metal and stuff, I don’t try to be smart, I don’t call their bluff
But this time was different, “Please come back young lad”, in that brown bag do you have an iPad?
“Yes sir I do”, I said not losing my rag, "And through fifteen different airports, it’s remained in my bag"

“Not in this place, does your girl have one too?”, I said, “Why surely, don't you have at least two?”
“Put them both in the tray, they must go through again. And your bag too, young lady”, as he waved with his pen
So they went through the x-ray twice at this time. But then he spied something else he wants of mine
“You have some handcream?” My young lady said “yes”. “Give it to me then, too much makes a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment