Thursday 20 March 2014

March 20: I just cried ...


I just cried
I missed her
I missed her so much I could touch it
But she was gone
Forever

I felt sad for her
But most of all I felt sad for me
So I cried
And I cried

I hadn’t ever met anyone like her
The times that we spent together were
Now, looking back, surreal
I was in a different place and time
I was in her place and time
And I reveled in it
But now I missed her
Terribly

For a while
During the first three or four months
After she was gone
I often cried uncontrollably
I lamented what I had lost
I was grieving
I was lost
So I cried

Then, one night, I made a pact
I would cry no more
Not for her
Not for me
She was gone, and I had to get used to it
Crying wouldn't bring her back
She didn’t care that I was crying
She didn’t even know that I was crying

Because she was gone
Forever

The pain that I felt slowly abated
The loss became less
That she was gone didn’t matter so much
As the months then the years, passed by
I was getting used to the loss

And then she was a loss no more
She was a just memory

No comments:

Post a Comment