Thursday 16 January 2014

January 16: Forty love ...

I was watching the tennis at Rod Laver arena
Ana looked great, you just should have seen her
Tomic retired, a stretch in his groin
I think he’d be happy to win the toss of the coin

Lleyton got bundled, nothing new there
The Joker in three, set two was a scare
Rafter teamed up for a hit in the doubles
Hewitt looked great but Pat’s got some troubles

Meanwhile the ladies are battling it out
Serena just ambled, Sharapova just shouts
Sammy got through, dropping only two games
While Casey lost three, the result was the same

Murray’s not played yet but he should be in heaven
He’s opposing a Frenchman seeded two sixty seven
Jo-Wilfried got through, but his vision was blurred
And Roger got taunted by Blaz in the third

They say it’s quite warmish down in Mexico
Too hot for me, I don’t think I’ll go
The temperature here is not too cool either
While I wait for round two I’ll just have a breather

I’ve filled up my fridges, you’ll recall I ran out
I went to Dan Murphy’s, and got into a shout
There’s tennis and cricket, Big Bash and one dayer’s
Our Aussies in summer became Pommy slayers

That’s enough for this rhyme, there’s things to be done
Like changing to Seven to see who has won
Then over to Nine to watch the Pommies get smashed
Flick over to Ten for an hour of Big Bash

I do love my sport, I’m a really big fan
As I sit in my chair sipping beer from a can
I could do this all day, it would be like a job
I’ve not moved for so long the wife’s taken a swab

Just one more over, the game’s nearly done
One more over is over if you’ll forgive me the pun
Next time I’ll look harder for a bride to support
She’ll be a “tea total” whose passion is sport

No comments:

Post a Comment