Wednesday 15 January 2014

January 15: Eat my shorts ...

I boarded my train from a day in the trenches
Took a seat up the back, on one of the benches
Got out a judgment, which I began to peruse
When the General says soon, who am I to refuse

I read of the work of a very naughty copper
Who questioned a suspect, but did not do it proper
The judge he was scathing, his wrath she did feel
When she wrongly arrested for break, enter, steal

I pick up another, I’m getting quite stressed
Must be in by tomorrow, so he can digest
The skill of my writing, my brilliant submissions
I am so optimistic, I have great ambitions

Case number two sounds like it might assist
I need to get all the charges dismissed
What are my grounds, I’m hearing you ask
I’ll tell you as soon as I’ve finished my task

A hint of unfairness, a dash of oppression
Inaccurate statements, a lack of discretion
A bit of inferring and some exaggeration
A whole set of facts increased by inflation

A witness’s memory that improves with age
If it wasn’t so serious I would be outraged
Not seen in October but described in July
So finely it seems not a moment slipped by

“When he left my hotel room I did not see his clothes
He must have worn something, I guess, I suppose
But a pair of white board shorts, a logo and pink stripes
They lay on my floor, as he slipped to the night"

She made a new statement eight months down the track
As the copper she coached her, to keep it intact
“Identification, it’s crucial you see”
Forget what you first said, just listen to me

Just what was he wearing, you must now recall
Oh yes” she did claim, “I remember it all
He was wearing white board shorts, of that I'm now sure
Pink stripes and logo; I observed at the door

"The light it was blinding, I could see really well
His short back and sides, it was him, I could tell
I couldn't be surer, on a scale one to ten
I'd tell you eleven, and I'd tell you again"

So perhaps you can see why I’m at my wits end
This outrageous proceeding they must now suspend
So how can I convince them to let my man go
I told you I’ll tell you when I think that I know

1 comment:

  1. The train trip is quick, your reading is slow.
    Maybe bike travel, is the best way to go?

    ReplyDelete